So… What’s for dinner?
We have all been caught at the last minute with NO idea what to do for dinner. Or we’ve had an exhausting day and just can’t think of one more thing. Or we know we’re going to have a busy day and we won’t have time for a big production for dinner. These are our FAVORITE No Thought Dinner “recipes” that help us any time we’re in a bind! We use at least one of these when we need a break from cooking, or we’ll throw one in the crockpot as we’re heading out the door if a babysitter is over. Having these in our back pocket really helps keep our life moving!
No Thought Dinner “Recipes”
- Throw chicken in a crock pot with a jar of salsa and taco seasoning, cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours, the chicken will pull apart perfectly, and VOILA!
- Pair with a variety of taco seasonings for a fun, make your own taco night.
- You can use the leftovers throughout the week to make chicken taco bowls, nachos, or chicken taco salad!
- Don’t have a CROCKPOT? Buy one TODAY… it will save your life!!
Chicken and Peppers
- Throw chicken, marinara sauce (our favorite is Rao’s), and some cut up bell peppers in the crock pot, cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours, the chicken will pull apart perfectly, and VOILA!
- We serve over pasta for a warm, Italian meal
- This is by far our kids favorite!
- Breakfast for dinner… so we obviously call it dekfast
- Throw some scrabbled eggs, precooked sausage, frozen hashbrown potatoes, and a little fruit on a plate and call it a day!
- Sometimes we’ll make waffles or bacon, if the kids are lucky!
Kielbasa Sheet Pan
- Cut up kielbasa in circles and throw it on a sheet pan with any combination of veggies (potatoes, broccoli, peppers, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower)
- Toss in olive oil and salt + pepper
- Cook on 400 for about 20 minutes, until veggies are soft
- Serve over rice!
Salmon + Roasted Veggies
- Our kids will eat Salmon any day of the week!
- We put salmon on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and salt + pepper
- Cook on 375 for about 20 minutes
- Serve with roasted veggies!
Rotisserie Chicken + Avocado Bowls
- Grab a rotisserie chicken from Costco (by far the BEST rotisserie chicken)
- Serve in a bowl of rice, top with avocado, drizzle with olive oil and salt + pepper
- Really, that’s it, and it’s delicious!
If these No Thought Dinners were helpful, we know you’ll love our
Free Guide: 3 Strategies that took our life from Surviving to Thriving.
We have been there. The sleepless nights, the endless days, just trying to get by. But 4 years ago, we decided to be PROactive instead of REactive in our life and it changed everything. Our free guide shares the exact strategies we used to keep up with the dishes, control our calendar, and manage our finances to get us back on track and chasing our dreams. We KNOW you can thrive too, so, CLICK HERE and start thriving today!
+ Leave a comment